At Five Star Whale Watching we take passenger and staff safety very seriously and are monitoring the situation around the Coronavirus on a daily basis.
Our hearts and thoughts go out to those around the world who have been impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are taking every precaution possible to ensure the safety of our passengers.
At Five Star we have always and will continue to maintain a robust cleaning process on our vessel and in our office to eradicate viruses. We are also working closely with Canadian Authorities to keep our employees, crew and passengers safe.
Here are the steps Five Star has enacted in response to coronavirus:
ON OUR VESSELS
- We are keeping the number of passengers on our vessels below our maximum capacity to ensure guests have plenty of space.
- We have increased the quantity of sanitation stations onboard as well as signage to encourage passengers to be mindful of hand washing best practices.
- We have increased the frequency of disinfecting and cleaning our cabin areas, hand rails, doors, restroom areas and seats.
- We are constantly washing down any jackets with a eco-friendly disinfectant spray to kill any germs & viruses.
- We will be asking guests please not to travel on our vessels if they have cold or flu like symptoms.
- We will be reminding guests to wash their hands regularly, to cover their mouths (with the inside of their arms) if coughing or sneezing and to refrain from touching their face or others.
AT OUR OFFICE
- We have increased sanitation stations in our office
- We have increased daily cleaning practices in our office.
- We have increased signage to passengers reminding them to wash their hands.
- We have advised our employees and crew of best practices for maintaining good health and to stay home if they feel sick.
- We are monitoring the advice from the BC Government & Heath Authorities and will adapt more proactive steps and guidance to keep our employees, crew and passengers safe if necessary.
PASSENGER CANCELLATION POLICY
- We will allow any cancellation within the 24 hour period without any charge as long as it is related to precautions over the Coronavirus or interrupted travel plans due to COVID-19. Please contact our office and speak to a member of staff if you wish to cancel a tour.
- If any guests have any concerns about taking a Whale Watching tour please do not hesitate to contact our office and discuss your concerns with a member of staff. You can either call at 250-388-7223 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rest assured Whale Watching in the Salish Sea is a safe and fun activity! Being out in the fresh air and enjoying nature is one of the best activities you can take part in and encouraged by health officials.
We will continue to do anything required to make sure that the safety of our guests remains our number one priority as it has for the last 35 years!