COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLSCOVID-19 UPDATE Dear Valued Customers, Five Star is now accepting bookings from guest who live throughout Canada. We can also take reservations from fully vaccinated travellers from the US and International Visitors (for the latest travel restrictions please check https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid ). We thank you for your continued support and understanding! We have various COVID-19 safety protocols in place that meet or exceed WorkSafeBC & BC Health Ministry recommendations/orders. The safety of our guests & staff remains our number one priority. We will continue to monitor the situation and make any necessary adjustments. “Be kind, be calm and be safe” – Dr. Bonnie Henry. Five Star Whale Watching has worked with numerous Government Bodies including Transport Canada, WorkSafeBC and the BC Ministry of Health. We have created a comprehensive COVID-19 Safety Protocol to that exceeds all Government recommendation to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. We are also following all recommendations of BC’s Provincial Health Officer.
- We have installed a Plexiglas barrier at the check in counter to protect staff & guests during check in.
- Enforce Social distancing outside and inside the office with signage.
- Staff member in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will greet all guests and provide instructions. There is a sign on the door giving visitors instructions.
- Several hand sanitizer stations & signage.
- All guests are highly encouraged to wear a non-surgical mask as per Transport Canada order and must wear a mask in our office and in the cabin onboard.
- We have a thorough office cleaning regime in place and includes cleaning all surfaces before and after each trip.
- Guests will be notified when making a booking of this policy.
- Extra signage at the office reminding people of safety protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- No staff member will be allowed to work if they are sick and must stay home.
- When making reservations & again when guests check in guests will be asked;
A. If they have recently been sick within the past 14 days or had any COVID-19 symptoms.
B. If they have been in contact with any positive or suspected COVID-19 cases.
C. If they have traveled internationally.
Staff will explain safety protocols to the guests when they are making a booking and get full customer contact details. This information must be kept on file for 30 days. Follow up with guests in 14 days to make sure they are not sick.
- All customers will be provided with a detailed explanation of COVID-19 Safety Protocols when they make a booking and again when they check in and must agree to follow these protocols.
- A Staff member in PPE will meet all guests and provide instructions.
- All guests will undergo a health check as laid down by WorkSafe BC. They will be required to sign a waiver.
- Agree to Practice Social Distancing when possible and to wear a mask if indoors.
- Guests must wear face masks on the vessel if indoors as per Transport Canada order and we encourage mask wearing when physical distancing can not be maintained. If you do not have a mask Five Star can provide one.
- Hand sanitizer stations available at the office and on the vessels. Signage to remind passengers to wash hands frequently.
- Passengers will be refused service if they do not comply with safety protocols.
- All guests must provide full contact details in case follow up required for COVID-19. Our office will be following up with all guests up to 2 weeks after their tour to ensure they have not got any COVID-19 symptoms. If they have, the appropriate measures will be enacted and authorities notified.
- Customers will be allowed to cancel any tour without penalty if they do not feel comfortable travelling or feel sick but must provide notification to our office.
- Staff will refuse service to any guest if they are displaying signs of illness as per WorkSafeBc and BC Health Ministry directives.
On the Boats.
- Staff will be provided any necessary PPE including face masks. Guests are encouraged to bring their own masks but a non-surgical disposable mask can be provided. Face masks must be worn on the vessel indoors throughout the tour.
- Maximum passenger capacity reduced to allow more space for social distancing practices. Staff to explain social distancing protocols to passengers.
- On our 12 passenger vessel we will be providing flotation jackets. All jackets are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each trip.
- We will be practicing deck and cabin capacity limits.
- Hand sanitizer stations and signage will be on display on each vessel.
- Staff will provide a safety announcement to all passengers prior to boarding and again when on the vessel.
- Vessels will constantly be washed down and areas sanitized before, during and after tours.
- Boat crew to maintain & enforce physical distancing wherever possible.
The safety of our staff & passengers has always been our number one priority and will be the focus of operations during these unprecedented times to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Any questions or concerns should be directed to, Andrew Lees at firstname.lastname@example.org
Five Star Whale Watching
645 Humboldt Street
Victoria, BC. V8W 1A6
Tel: 250 388-7223
Fax: 250 388-5474
Proud to be Victoria’s first WCA Certified Responsible Whale Watching Operator
Five Star Whale Watching was one of the first companies in Victoria to be awarded The World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) Safe Travels stamp. This stamp allows travellers to easily recognize destinations and tourism businesses around the world that have adopted globally standardized health and hygiene protocols to ensure visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.