Welcome to Victoria’s 1st Certified Responsible Whale Watching Operator!
Dear Valued Customers, we thank you for your continued support and understanding!
For our full COVID-19 safety protocols please visit our COVID-19 page at https://www.5starwhales.com/covid-19-safety-protocol/
“Be kind, be calm and be safe” – Dr. Bonnie Henry.
Availability Dependent on Weather
This Fall Discover the Wonders of the Salish Sea!
This fall join Victoria’s 1st Certified Responsible Whale Watching Operator and Discover the Wonders of the Salish Sea. Book on line and enter the code DGV2021 to receive a 25% discount or call our office and mention the code. Fall is an excellent time to go Whale Watching with so much wildlife to see. With all our vessels having heated cabin areas, you don’t need to worry about the cooler weather, we’ve got you covered 🙂
We offer a 25% discount on all our tours for locals. Contact our office for more details and discover the wonderful wildlife in the Salish Sea!
Why choose Five Star?
There are many Whale Watching companies in Victoria but here are a few reasons we stand out from the crowd!
- We are Victoria’s longest running and most respected Whale Watching company and have been a pioneer of the eco-tourism industry for over 30 years!
- We are proud to be Victoria’s first World Cetacean Alliance (WCA) Certified Responsible Whale Watching Operator. We follow and often exceed the Best Practice Guidelines for Whale & Wildlife viewing.
- Five Star Whale Watching was one of the first companies in Victoria to be awarded The World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) Safe Travels stamp. This stamp allows travellers to easily recognize destinations and tourism businesses around the world that have adopted globally standardized health and hygiene protocols to ensure visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience. Five Star was instrumental in developing safe operating procedures under COVID-19 for the marine ecotourism industry in Canada and BC. Five Star Whale Watching also has the best safety record of any Whale Watching company on Victoria. Visit our COVID-19 Safety protocols page from more information on a stringent health and safety measures. https://www.5starwhales.com/covid-19-safety-protocol/
- Our Mission is to Educate, Inspire, Preserve & Protect the incredible Marine Environment.
- We are part of the Whale Reporting Network that provides alerts to commercial vessels that Whales are in the area and to slow down. The data also is used for research purposes. We fly the Whale Warning Flag on all our vessels to warn other boaters Whales are in the area.
- Following the mantra of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Replenish, Restore in our daily operations. We believe it is our duty to do what we can to help protect our planet and give back as much as possible. We do this because it is the right thing to do, not to gain fancy awards, taking care of our planet and especially the precious Marine Environment is the only reward we require.
- Our fleet consists of 2 Purpose built Expedition Catamarans, Supercat & Kuluta, plus our High Speed Coastal Explorer, Salish Shadow. We pride ourselves on having the best purpose built Whale Watching Fleet in Victoria!
- Let our expert team of Marine Naturalists, Captains, Managers & Office Staff introduce you to the wonders of the Salish Sea! We have some of the most hands on, passionate and knowledgeable crew in the marine industry. From the friendly office staff ready to answer your questions and assist you, to the experienced and passionate Marine Naturalists & Captains, ready to pass on their knowledge and passion for the local marine environment. Guest comfort and a high level of customer service is paramount in all we do.